Welcome to my Blog

This is My Blog. The Content Of this Blog Changes, and WILL Change. It is about Everything that is Important to me! So, I hope you enjoy this brief glimpse in to my Brain!

HTML Marquees

Monday, September 20, 2010

Who Defines you?

OK! I had a Seriously Major light-bulb moment today!

Do you have someone in your life that for some weird reason, thinks that you are totally someone you are not even close to being? 


It may be because of something we did, some behavior we have/had                        ( Insecurity, Issues stemming from ADHD..etc) or whatever, but, now they have that Image burned into their brains and they Just wont let it go, & not only that they constantly try to remind YOU who they think you are. 

Listen closely to what I am about to say..... 


STOP IT!!! 

 My Major Lightbulb Moment was......

I have realized that for most of my life, I have let People define me. 
I have taken on who they said I was. Even when I knew it was COMPLETELY and utterly, totally wrong! 


I am SO DONE with all that Nonsense!!!! 


I Know who I am now, and I know my Strengths and Weaknesses. I will NO LONGER  allow someone to tell me that something I do all the time in other areas of my life is " Not my Strength" 


WHAT THE HECK???  


Who are they to Define me, when God says that he has Plans for me.( Jer 29:11) & when God has Given EVERYONE ALL gifts and Talents.


I am NOT going to continue to allow People to tell me who I am, what I can or Can't do ANY longer.  I have Awesome GOD-Given talents and abilities, I just had to Find them! :) and Now that I know them... there is only ONE person that I need to be Concerned about their opinion... 


The Person with Nail- scarred hands that Died For me over 2000 years ago! 




Now, before some of you go off in a Tangent. I didn't say that we didn't need accountablity, or self reflection. 


But, Don't Let Someone that's NOT God hold up your Mirror & tell you who you are! 


That is all! ;)





1 comment:

  1. I love this post!

    This happened to me - someone who thought they knew me so well, so close to my heart, and yet didn't know me at all. It got to be a little like groundhog day.

    My attributes, my likes, my failures from 20 years past still defined me. It made for a very small and smothering box.

    I'm glad you busted out and I think they'll learn to love the "new" you - you already were!

    Props on a great post!

    ReplyDelete