Yes! I do still exist! I have been pretty much buried in the world of academia,( and some family stuff, but that's a blog post for another time!) but, I do come up for air ever now and then.
Since last may its been pretty much a math world ( eek!). But, since august I have been working hard on A&P, ( that's Anatomy and Physiology for those who don't know!) The ever so lovely Math, Medical Terminology, and English 111.
The English class hasn't been too bad, except for the fact that sometimes its seems very complicated!
I am not sure if its the professor that's causing that, or its just that way in that class.
One of the assignments that I had to do that was really complicated for me; was that we had to come up with an audience profile for the( hypothetical) audience we would be writing our essay for.
I had a heck of a time coming up with something because we had to have 5 unique characteristics of one audience and 5 different rhetorical strategies for each characteristics .
When I finally figured out what it was that I was suppose to be putting down on paper this is what I finally came up with! ( keep in mind that this is intended to be a rough draft!)
Audience Profile on the topic of Adult ADHD
1. My audience will be someone who either is someone who has had trouble concentrating and staying focused; or cares for someone who has this issue. I will be direct and concise because attention and focus can drift very quickly.
2. My audience will be someone who has never quite felt like they have lived up to their potential because of issues that have always seemed to be in the way. I will describe my own journey and how I have overcome a lot of it and how they can too.
3. My audience will be someone who isn’t sure if this is describes them at all or not and I will describe what someone who has ADHD deals with (emotionally, professionally, etc.) so they can see if this is what they are looking for or not.
4. My audience will be someone who has a high amount of difficulty in staying organized and forgetting things. I will highlight some ways to stay organized and how the use of technology is extremely helpful for people with ADHD to be successful.
5. My audience with be someone who has had emotional difficulties because of their experiences, I will relate some ideas on how to learn how to manage their feelings, and how playing to their strengths will make them feel much more successful; and therefore build their self-esteem, which will help them in all areas of their lives.
I sure hope this works!!!