Welcome to my Blog

This is My Blog. The Content Of this Blog Changes, and WILL Change. It is about Everything that is Important to me! So, I hope you enjoy this brief glimpse in to my Brain!

HTML Marquees

Thursday, July 15, 2010

YouTube - Hillsong-Devotion



I am a Youth Leader at the Youth Group at my Church called the Warehouse. The Warehouse is held every Wednesday Night & this is one of the Songs that we did during Worship Last Wednesday.  I really love this song. You could say its one of my favorites :). But, that night I really felt that God was using this to speak to me. Here are the Lyrics: (they are attached to the Video as well.)

Hillsong United - Devotion lyrics

Verse 1
I've been running, trying to be one who sees
I've been working salvation out on my knees
There is nothing better than knowing
that we are redeemed
I'm believing, trusting in creative hands,
I am praying for our world to bow to your plan
And this one thought is unmistakable:
I take up my cross and follow you Lord

Chorus
When you stand the tall trees and mountains bow
When you speak the fiercest of oceans is still
And I see the sinner seek devotion
The lost become chosen, and I fall to my knees

Verse 2
I'm forgiven; my Savior who did not deserve death
He was blameless and I was lost in shamefulness
I'm delivered, but it doesn't seem right
unless I keep my eyes focused on the savior who gave his life
In the middle of a world that denies it believes
It is breaking apart at the very seams
There is one thing to be alive for
And it's to take up my cross and follow you Lord

Bridge
I will take up my cross and follow Lord where you lead me
And I will take up my cross and follow wherever you go



Lyrics | Hillsong United lyrics - Devotion lyrics
 
WOW! These are some very POWERFUL Lyrics!!! 
 
 From a Very Powerful Song! But, when we were almost thru the Song, the Youth Pastor Exhorted the Youth saying " Listen to the words we are singing....

I will, Take up my Cross &  follow Lord where you lead me,
I will take up my Cross & follow where ever you go.

He asked them to search themselves and ask themselves, " would  you really go where ever God asked you to? If he asked you to go to Africa, would you go?

He asked If he asked you to go to a Place like they went, ( a Group from  the Youth  group just came back from a mission trip to the Dominican Republic) where there was no air conditioning, & the Living conditions were poor. "would you go?"  He asked if God Asked you to work just a 9-5 Job and influence people by the way you Live your Life would  you  do it?

WHOA! I felt an Instant check in my Spirit!

I Have been REALLY  frustrated with things in my life concerning work. I haven't felt like i have been getting enough Hours at work,I have Mentioned something about it, but, it hasn't changed, so, I have Started Looking for either another part- time Job, or a Full- time one that Pays more. Both of those efforts have Been very UN-fruitful. I have also Been frustrated with things in my Personal Life and Church life relationally. But, when The Youth Pastor said what he did, I felt like the Holy Spirit Nudge me, as if to say, "Yeah, what he said!"

I needed to Remember what Paul said in Philippians 4:11-12:

11 Actually, I don’t have a sense of needing anything personally. I’ve learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances.12 I’m just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I’ve found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty.

Just Because we aren't where we think we should be, or where we are trying to be, doesn't mean that we aren't doing  what God wants us to do.

Sometimes all he wants us to do is to set the example for someone he's trying to reach.

It's that simple. We are the ones that make it so Complicated.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment